|When the village of Kenmore was incorporated in 1899, transportation was provided by a
horse drawn omnibus, which carried passengers free of charge from the village to
the Belt Line Railroad one mile south of the city line.
By 1894, Delaware was paved with brick when the electric trolley line was built. The line came south along Delaware Avenue and turned west at the city line to continue on to Military Road, where it turned south into the city.