Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Table of Contents

Purity
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
96 Jewett Pkwy. at Summit, Buffalo, NY
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Official Website

Dedicated:

1889

Design and fabrication:

Tiffany Glass Company

Style:

Opalescent
Location: South transept

Memorial window:

Harriet Wells Matthews

2004, 2009 Photos



Purity triplet, by Tiffany Glass Company



Center panel   ...   Opalescent glass   ...   Details below:


Center panel  -  Transom features an angel - one of Tiffany's signature images


 
Center panel  - Angel    ...     Bay leaf  wreath



Center panel  -  Faces, hands and feet are always hand painted and then refired  ...   Rest of the glass is opalescent



Center panel  - Dove



Center panel  - Nuggets






Center panel  - See Ellen W. Parisi, Northrup, Matthews, and Smith: The Trustees Who Built the Church of the Good Shepherd




Side panel


Left panel   ...   Details below:


Left panel  - Tympanum   ...   Jewels   ...  IHS   ...   Bay leaf  wreath





Left panelDoves 



Left panel - Nuggets at left   ...   Saddle bar and wires






Left panel



Special thanks to Rev. David Selzer, rector of the Church of the Good Shepherd, for his cooperation,
and to Sexton Kevin Rung and Janice Beam for their cooperation in 2009

Photos and their arrangement 2009 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.