Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Table of Contents

Two Floral Windows
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd
96 Jewett Pkwy. at Summit, Buffalo, NY
Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd - Official Website

Both windows dedicated:

1888

Design and fabrication:

Tiffany Glass Co.

Purple Fleur-de-Lis memorial:

Dr. Edward Ingersoll, by Bronson C. Rumsey

Lilies memorial:

Elizabeth Sherman Hayes, by Stephen F. Sherman

Location in church:

South nave

In 1888, it was uncommon for church stained glass windows to be devoid of Biblical scenes. Louis C. Tiffany promoted the idea that floral designs were appropriate expressions of praise for God.

2009 Photos



South and west nave   ...   The two Tiffany Glass Co. floral windows are the second and third windows on the left.

Purple Fleur-de-Lis window


Purple Fleur-de-Lis window    ...   Iconography:  fleur-de-lis   ...   Four details below:



Medallion   ...   Nuggets   ...   Opalescent glass



Note horizontal iron saddle bar






Palm branch: associated with Jesus' entry into Jerusalem







South nave Lilies window   ...   Iconography: Lily   ...   Four details below:
















Special thanks to Sexton Kevin Rung for his cooperation in 2009

Photos and their arrangement 2009 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.