John Albright lost most of his fortune in the Great Depression. His house on Ferry Street was demolished in 1935. E. B. Green, the architect of the house, who was most surely saddened by the event, salvaged the stone balustrade from the terrace and had it reinstalled in front of Lockwood Library at the University of Buffalo's Main Street campus soon after.
The chandeliers also came from the Albright mansion (See UB Reporter; online March 2014).