North Presbyterian Church / Hellenic Orthodox Church of the Annunciation - Table of Contents

Exterior - North Presbyterian Church / Annunciation  Greek Orthodox Church
146 West Utica Street, Buffalo, NY 14222

Original name:
North Presbyterian Church
Built:
1904-07
Dedicated:
1907
Architect:
George F. Newton, Boston
Masons:
Charles Bericks & Sons
Carpenters:
Joseph & Sons
Style:
English country Gothic
Cost:
$150,000
Sold to Greek congregation:
1952
2002 interior restoration after arson fire:
Beth Campano and Tracy Dulniak
2003 north transept recreation of stained glass windows:
J&R Lamb Studios
Status:
  • National Register of Historic Places
  • City of Buffalo landmark


1907 photo   ...   Reprinted from September 1907 The Inland Architect and News Record, p. 27






English country Gothic



Crockets on pinnacles   ...   Tracery (trefoils) in crenelation



Stone 
tracery



Finials



Dressed (Indiana?) limestone door surround





South elevation


Dormers   ...   Engaged, crenelated tower  



Engaged, crenelated tower 



Dormers



Dormers





North elevation (Utica Street)


North transept stained glass window



Parapeted  bay window






Special thanks for the Rev. Protopresbyter James A. Doukas for his cooperation.

Photos and their arrangement 2002 Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| ..

web site consulting by ingenious, inc.