|Caption: Episcopal residence of Rt. Rev. Charles H. Colton, D.D. / Transferred
over 200 feet to accommodate the site for The New St. Joseph's Cathedral.
Note the Knox House on the far left.
Photo source: The Diocese of Buffalo August 1903-December 1914 Album
Comment: - "... an episcopal palace pleasing to tastes of the mauve decade but to later eyes a grotesque conflation of Gothic and Queen Anne." -- Buffalo's Delaware Avenue: Mansions and Families, by Edward T. Dunn. Pub. by Canisius College Press, 2003