Armory / Convention Hall / The Music Hall /The Elmwood Music Hall - DEMOLISHED
NE Elmwood Avenue and Virginia Street


Constructed in 1885 as the home of the 74th Infantry, the armory became vacant in 1899 when the 74th moved into
its new home, the
Connecticut Street Armory. The city of Buffalo acquired the building and eventually officially named it
the Elmwood Music Hall.

See also:

Page by Chuck LaChiusa
| ...Home Page ...| ..Buffalo Architecture Index...| ..Buffalo History Index... .|....E-Mail ...| .