The Beaver Island Club was built on Beaver Island, the small island off the head of Grand Island, in 1852. The club, originally known as the Jolly Reefers, was made up of a group of Buffalo sportsmen, including Grover Cleveland, who enjoyed fishing the area.
Clevelannd's uncle and aunt were Lewis F. Allen and his wife.
-- Text source: The History of Grand Island
Illustration source: City of Buffalo Collection