OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH
O'Connell at Vandalia Streets (SW)
Appointing Rev. R. C. O'Connell to organize it, in March, 1897, he purchased the site on which the church stands. The Bishop placed the cornerstone on 21 November. with the basement completed, the congregation began holding services there. On 21 March, 1900 Bishop Quigley formally dedicated the completed structure.
Constructed of Medina sandstone, the building is designed in the Gothic Style. The west tower of the building was never completed. The street on which the church fronts, originally called Sandusky street, was renamed O'Connell Avenue in honor of the founder and first pastor of the church.
Source: "Houses of Worship: A Guide to the Religious Architecture of Buffalo, New York," by James Napora. Master of Architecture Thesis. Found at Buffalo Central Library, p. 214