Caption: First Baptist Church,
First Baptist Church, first home of the medical school. Originally built as a Baptist church, the building served between 1836 and 1846 as a post office. In 1847 the building became the first home of the newly organized (1846) University of buffalo Medical School.
The university, at first, and for many years, was only a medical school
Illustration source: "The Picture Book of Earlier Buffalo," Frank H. Severance, ed. Buffalo Historical Society Publications, Vol. 16, 1912